Saarland University
Lehrstuhl für Automatisierungstechnik

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> non-rigid Multibody connection, modeling gravitational and friction interactions
Mark Rudy
post Oct 31 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,533

I'm fairly new to dymola/modelica and I am trying to model a catapult launching a ball. I am able to build the catapult if I rigidly connect the shaft to the ball but can't figure out how to allow the ball to release. I tried to give the ball an initial position directly above the throwing arm but the ball seemed to just fall through the arm as if it were invisible. I've heard interactions such as this have been done in modeling things like a car going off a jump where it loses contact with the ground and lands to regain contact but haven't found any example of HOW to model it. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

my model consists of: world frame, revolute joint connected to a rigid bar driven by a linear spring that is fixed at the other end and another rigid bar connected to a point mass acting as the ball. The model terminates at a desired angle. At this point I take the x and y velocities to compute the distance the ball will go by hand.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 04:34 PM