Saarland University
Lehrstuhl für Automatisierungstechnik

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should I worry? "Warning: base class [...] is part of replaceable package", Dymola warns me about this. Is there anything dangerous or dysfunction
David Elixmann
post Aug 1 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 582,252

Hi there,

I am currently building a model library for wastewater treatment plants, using Gerhard Reichl's WasteWater library as a template.

I am doing modelling and simulation studies where I want to change the equations that describe the chemical reactions within the component models of my flowsheet, but I do not want to re-build the flowsheet with different models each time I go from one chemical reaction model to the next. For this reason, I am not using the models from Gerhard Reichl's WasteWater library, but rather building my own library, re-using his code as building blocs for my own (more flexible) models that use the redeclare feature.

Now, my question is this:

When I translate the models in Dymola, I get a warning saying message:
CODE
Warning: Base class ModelClass.Measurements is part of replaceable package
  File: U:/Wasser/davids_stuff/WasteWater model library/ASMx/GenericUnits/Deni.mo, line 2
  Component context: deni1
  Component declared as Deni deni1 in WasteWater.ASMx.GenericUnits

The units that I am using as building blocs contain "extend" statements that look something like this:

CODE

replaceable package ModelClass =
      ReactionSystems.ASM1x constrainedby ReactionSystems.Common
    "Placeholder that defines which system of reactions should be used";

And when I instantiate such a model, I do it like this:
CODE
  GenericUnits.WWSource Source(redeclare package ModelClass = myModelClass)

This way I can build a flowsheet from generic models, and redeclare parts of the component models. The only difference from the examples in the Modelica Standard library is that I am redeclaring not subcomponent types, but inherited classes. But I am building them all using the same base class ("Common") so this should be totally normal as far as I can tell!

Is there anything about this that is not supported by Modelica / Dymola, or not considered "good modelling practice" ?? Why does Dymola insist on warning me about this??

I don't want to waste weeks of work building something that isn't going to work properly, so if the more experienced Modelica users could comment I would be very grateful! smile.gif

Regards,
David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 07:41 AM