> Data size limited to 1Gb
Roland
post Sep 7 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,272

Hello,

much time has past - but maybe the topic is still of interest...

I often had the problem, that not the file is too large but that Dymola wants to use more than 2GB of Ram (which is the limit since it is a 32bit-application). This is of course directly linked to the file size since Dymola also stores all data internally.
Different possible solutions to that problem:
1: Use less output steps / a bigger output rate
2: Set objects and variables you don't need in the result file protected
3: Start the simulation not from Dymola but directly use the compiled model (the dymosim.exe). Of course if you end up with a huge result file you again have the problem that you cannot open it in Dymola. But using other tools (e.g. Matlab or self-written-tools) you are able to filter the data and just load the parts you are interested in.

HTH,
Roland
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
David Elixmann
post Jul 28 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 582,252

Hi,

Sorry I do not have an answer to the problem. I get along with just a couple of Megabytes, I guess my simulations aren't that big!!

The number of readers displayed for the topics on this board may come from web crawlers and the like. And from unregistered users who may not have sent emails to the admins to get their accounts validated for posting.

Regards,
David

QUOTE(eleveillee @ Jan 24 2011, 09:10 PM) *

Hey !

I am sure I am not the first to have this problem but, I browsed trough Dymola Forum and couldn't get an answer.

When I run simulation, the values of the .mat files are limited to something close to 1 Gb. I would need to run simulation much bigger than that and to keep all the variables.

Dymola support team doesn't have answer for this question.

Has anyone had this problem before and found a way to solve it ?

I am currently considering modifying the source code to write to a .mat file all variables/output/parameters so it can get bigger than 1Gb, or in different 1Gb files.

If someone could help somehow it would really be appreciated, I am running Dymola7.3.

Cheers

Thank You

Edit : I see that many people look at the message and don't answer. Anyone ever encountered this problem too? Are you able to do simulation with results over 1gb ? I really would like to get some feedback because I am spending a lot of time on this issue. Thanks

+Quote Post
eleveillee
post Jan 24 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 209,136

Hey !

I am sure I am not the first to have this problem but, I browsed trough Dymola Forum and couldn't get an answer.

When I run simulation, the values of the .mat files are limited to something close to 1 Gb. I would need to run simulation much bigger than that and to keep all the variables.

Dymola support team doesn't have answer for this question.

Has anyone had this problem before and found a way to solve it ?

I am currently considering modifying the source code to write to a .mat file all variables/output/parameters so it can get bigger than 1Gb, or in different 1Gb files.

If someone could help somehow it would really be appreciated, I am running Dymola7.3.

Cheers

Thank You

Edit : I see that many people look at the message and don't answer. Anyone ever encountered this problem too? Are you able to do simulation with results over 1gb ? I really would like to get some feedback because I am spending a lot of time on this issue. Thanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 08:03 AM