> Modal Analysis
gillesp
post Jul 20 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 130,775

QUOTE(Riddler7 @ May 27 2010, 05:35 PM) *

Hello everybody,

I have just finished to synthesize a model of an automotive drive train with Dymola (6.1). In order to validate my construction I would like to compute the first three Eigenfrequencies and Eigenvalues. Is there any preferably simple way to perform such a Modal Analysis?
Further details of my model: it mainly consists of twelve spring-damper-connected throwing bodies and contains some non-linear properties (characteristic spring curve, damping, backlash).

Thanks for any suggestions smile.gif

You can use the linearise function in order to get the ABCD matrix and then analyze them with Modelica linear library or with another software (Matlab...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Riddler7
post May 27 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,851

Hello everybody,

I have just finished to synthesize a model of an automotive drive train with Dymola (6.1). In order to validate my construction I would like to compute the first three Eigenfrequencies and Eigenvalues. Is there any preferably simple way to perform such a Modal Analysis?
Further details of my model: it mainly consists of twelve spring-damper-connected throwing bodies and contains some non-linear properties (characteristic spring curve, damping, backlash).

Thanks for any suggestions smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2019 - 12:22 PM